It’s summer. Are you wondering about what to do with your children? You have a lot of work at the office, but your children need summer activities to fill their time. I came across this online article by Jen Hatmaker discussing 10 summer activities to do with your children. She’s a wonderful writer and has come up with many fun and creative ideas.
Some examples are:
- Let your kids make videos or movies with a smart phone. There are many free apps out there to help.
- Do “Mystery Thursdays” (or any other day of the week that fits best with your schedule). The kids know that the family is going somewhere that is fun but it’s a complete surprise.
- Go through your children’s closets and toy bins and donate what they do not use anymore or have outgrown. Try connecting with a needy family.
- Cook some very special meals with them. Take out those cookbooks and search together to find the best recipes. Have fun buying the ingredients, following the recipes, and then cooking. Ms. Hatmaker mentions that she and her daughter cooked some meatball subs that were so delicious that they couldn’t stop talking and bragging about them.
- Have a family boot camp and exercise together.
To read her article and more of her ideas, CLICK HERE.